Thursday, January 8, 2009

Catching up - Part 1

So much has happened in the last month. Last post Zane was getting sick. Charlie made him a fort and Zane spent the weekend sleeping in his bouncy chair next to a vaporizer under it.

We had ANOTHER doctor appointment and they decided he had bronchiolitis. This time we had to do a breathing treatment every 4 hours for 5 days. GG was amazing at distracting him so he wouldn't cry the entire time.
While he was sick, even though he sounded bad, he was in a good mood most of the time. One evening he was reaching for his jumperoo so I put him in it and he went crazy! He used to sit in it and bounce occasionally but now he's a jumping mad man. I usually leave him in it until he gets fussy, about 15 minutes. One day I realized he had been in it for almost an hour! When I picked him up his bib was soaked all the way to the bottom, his shirt was soaked and his hair was all wet. He looked like he had run 5 miles.

We went to Grandpa and Trudy's house on Christmas Eve. It was the first time Zane had ever opened a present and he was pretty good at it. But in the end, like most babies, he was more interested in the paper and ribbon.
Zane was fascinated by my dad's lederhosen t-shirt.


He looks so surprised while he was opening his present.


He started sitting up by himself for a few seconds at a time.

My dad, Zane & Trudy with the birth announcement Trudy cross stitched for Zane.

You can't tell how detailed it is, but it's just beautiful - she did an amazing job.

Charlie's family came over for Christmas day lunch and Charlie fried a yummy turkey w/o burning down the house. Once again I didn't take pictures, so I'm stealing some from Mike.

Zane making Uncle Mike laugh.

Zane and Pawpaw

Becki and Charlie Sr.

"I caught you a delicious turkey"

No comments: