Thursday, June 18, 2009

Stranger Danger

Zane has entered the stranger danger phase. It started about 2 weeks ago when Charlie's nephew Rowdy came over to the house. Zane had seen Rowdy a month before and let Rowdy carry him around. But this day he was clinging to me for dear life, even crawling up me like he was trying to get on my shoulder - as far up as he could - as far away from Rowdy as he could. And he wouldn't let Charlie hold him while Rowdy was in the house. I was hoping it was a one time event but the next week Rowdy came over again and it was exactly the same. I took Zane to the office one day and he acted the same way towards Eddie, who had taken his pictures 2 weeks before and carried Zane all over the offices. I'm hoping this phase passes soon. Even though I really enjoy having a snugly baby, I wish it wasn't out of fear. He gets so upset and seems terrified. I know it's normal, but it breaks my heart knowing that he is so scared.
I was concerned that the stranger danger would happen outside the house, but it hasn't yet. He still enjoys shopping, actually LOVES shopping. Today we had lunch with Sasha, Chloe and the 'big kids' (as they're lovingly referred to since Chloe's birth) Corben and Kamryn. The only time he had any problems was when Chloe got too close. She's such a loving little girl and always wants to give Zane a hug and stand right next to him. Unfortunately Zane is the exact opposite, but hopefully he'll grow out of it. We went to the play area at the mall after lunch and after a few minutes Zane was running around like he owned the place. Unfortunately he loves going in and out of doors and realized that he can easily escape from the play area. Unfortunately for me that is. I finally decided we had to go when I didn't have the energy to chase him any longer.


Zane and Chloe on the big couch at the mall.


He loves sitting in this spot and watching people.

1 comment:

cHriStiNa said...

Awww. He'll grow out of it. It might not even last long.