After having a fever for 4 days last week and no other symptoms, we knew Zane was teething. Plus his top and bottom gums on the right side are still swollen, but no teeth have broken through yet. Last night he had a hard time going to sleep and was up later than normal on a school night. Then this morning he woke up earlier than normal, I usually have to wake him up to get ready for school. He hardly ate any breakfast and 15 minutes before we had to leave he started crying and wanting to sit in my lap which is very unusual. Then he fell asleep on the way to the church which is extremely unusual since we only live 6 minutes away. I felt so bad because I knew he didn't feel good, but after missing last week I didn't want him to get out of the routine. Plus, his teachers know they can call me if he gets to be too upset.
I didn't get any calls so was excited to see how he did on his first day back. I walked into the atrium and there he was in the front seat of the bye-bye buggy passed out cold. They said he had fallen asleep about 10 minutes earlier and apparently it didn't bother him when they strapped him into the buggy. I got him out of the buggy, into the car, out of the car and into his bed without him waking up.
He took his normal 3 hour nap. But afterward he was so cranky. He screamed and cried tears about every little thing that didn't go his way. It was so pitiful. At 7:30 we couldn't take anymore. He seemed to be in so much pain so I got him into bed. He never fussed - went right to sleep. I think that's the earliest he's ever been to bed. Hopefully he'll be able to sleep through the night and not wake up in pain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment